Yeye Omileye Achikeobi-Lewis M.Ed, NCC, LPCA
and Chief Olu Derrick Lewis
Their Mission Together
Yeye Omileye Achikeobi-Lewis and Chief Olu Derrick Lewis are a husband and wife team who travel around the world bringing attention to the ailing state of our waters and earth. Both have enjoyed traveling to various waterways to hold traditional water ceremonies and share earth honoring teachings with various nations and peoples. Wherever they go they spread the message of oneness, compassion, love and balance.
Both are the founders of Yeye Osun Institute of Sacred Balance, the internationally recognized Humanity4Water Awards, Co-Founders of WaterSongline international prayer network for the waters, One of founding partners of UNICEF Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA). Both have also been invited to attend the United Nations and received blessings from His Venerable Thupten Ndogdup Kuten La – Medium for the Tibetan State Oracle and His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
About Yeye Omileye, M.Ed, NCC, LPCA
Born in London of African Caribbean parents, Yeye Omileye is often called an old soul in a modern world. She was chosen as the next in her family to carry the lineage of Wisdom Keeper. She is n international author, fifth generation Wisdom Keeper, Osun Priestess, integrative Transpersonal Psychotherapist, Ayurvedic Practitioner, and sacred artist. She travels around the world blessing the sacred waters, sharing wisdom, and ceremonies on how to live in balance with our earth and whole community of life. Her life journey took on another layer of richness after her historic meeting in India with Venerable Thupten Ndogdup – the Tibetan State Oracle and His Holiness the Dalai Lama – to share visions about the state of the world. This meeting led to the urgent call to honor the Four Elemental Mothers and the deepened call to walk in the path of Universal Love. Her work has been recognized internationally by many spiritual leaders, the United Nations, His Holiness the Dalai Lama and His Venerable Thupten Ndgodup – the Tibetan State Oracle. She is also, along with her husband Chief Olu Derrick Lewis, the founder of Yeye Osun – Institute of Sacred Balance, international Humanity4Water Awards and a founding member of UNICEF Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA).
Yeye Omileye’s journey has also led to her showing the oneness of all cultures through ongoing extensive research of the symbols and iconographies of the world ancient Water Mothers. She is a graduate from London University School of Oriental Studies with BA African Studies, Middlesex University in Ayurvedic Medicine and Complementary Health Sciences, and a Masters graduate from Winthrop University in Counseling and Development. She has attended the United Nations, is the recipient of the Prince’s Trust Award, and has been honored with several ancient African titles in the Nigerian Yoruba tradition: Yeye Osun Olomitutu (Mother Who Heals With Cool Waters), Yeye Osun Tayese (Mother Who Mends the World), Iyalode Egbe (Mother of all Heavenly Ancestors). She has undergone seven initiations which have tested, reflected and nurtured her commitment to sharing the message of living with love, balance and oneness. Her most recent initiations have been in Nigeria and the latest was given in Dharamsala India by His Venerable Thupten Ngodup Kuten La – Chief Medium for the Nechung Oracle of the Tibetan State.
About Chief Olu Derrick Lewis
Chief Olu Derrick Lewis and a Duke University graduate who has spent the last seven years with his wife, Yeye Omileye, traveling, teaching, and sharing the ancient sacred practices and wisdom of African and Water cultures around the world. A dynamic and compassionate teacher he brings forth much wisdom to all that he meets, as well as enchants them with his gift for playing the African drum. He spreads the message of returning back to a sacred, compassionate and peaceful way of living. Chief Derrick Lewis received his chieftancy in 2008.
Chief Olu Derrick Lewis family is African-American who hail from African and Cherokee roots. His life has been a hero’s journey which has taken him into the world of being an IT and Project Management expert focusing on enterprise development, as well as an Ifa spiritual teacher and Chief. He has worked for the likes of CDC, CNN, US State Department and as an Economical Developer. From very young he was interested in the ancient wisdom systems which earned him the nickname “Magic”. His work has led to an invitation to the United Nations. Chief Olu Derrick currently is interested in developing compassionate economics and sustainable communities. Chief Olu was recently blessed to receive personal audience and initiation from Kuten La – The Tibetan State Oracle which he says changed his life.
One More River of Information
- In 2013 both were invited to the United Nations as delegates of the UNICEF Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA). In this same year Omileye was invited to help edit the United Nation’s Wing’s of Water conference outcome paper “The Wake-Up Call”, and write a position paper for their international water debate forum, which was part of the Wings of Water Conference. The paper she wrote was entitled Ubuntu: Water Shows the Way for the United Nations international water debate.
- Yeye Omileye studied a degree in African Studies from London University’s SOAS, a degree in Ayurvedic Medicine from UK Middlesex University and completed a Masters in Counseling and Development.
- Yeye Omileye and Chief Olu Derrick Lewis are both Instructors for the Center of Sacred Studie’s Ministerial Program.
- Yeye Omileye is a Transformation Artist in Residence at the OM Sanctuary, Asheville NC
- Yeye Omileye’s continues to study systems of embodied wisdom and compassion, and to bring this forth through her greatest love writing and sacred art. Beautiful Waters: Reflections of the Water Mothers, Their Forms and Symbols, sums up her seven year water journey, research into the ancient Water Mothers and how they connect us together. Her wisdom is also penned within her other books such as: 108 Drops of Mindful Wisdom, Seven Principles of Wellness, Spirit of Wellness, Ploop: An Abundant Pregnancy Journey, Rainbow Goddess (a children’s book), A Journey Through Breath, and I Pray for Healing. All her books are available on Amazon.