Yeye Omileye, M.Ed, NCC, LPC-A
Omileye is known as an old soul in a modern world. She is an author of several books, former journalist of The UK Voice Newspaper, graduate of London University graduate of School of Oriental and African studies (SOAS) in African Studies and Law & Politics, graduate of Middlesex University in Ayurvedic Medicine, and a Masters Graduate of Winthrop University in Counseling. She is also a Diversity Trainer (SEED certified), Ayurvedic Practitioner, international Wisdom Keeper, and Transpersonal and Mindfulness Psychotherapist. She has spoken at the United Nations, been blessed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Kuten La Tibetan State Oracle for her visions and work. The latter is currently preparing a ceremony to recognize her as an emanation of Mamaki – Female Water Mother/Buddha. Omileye has received several ancient African Initiations and titles including title of Yeye Osun, Crown of Osun, Iyalode Egbe. Herself and her husband Olu Derrick Lewis are the founders of the internationally recognized Humanity4Water Awards.
Omileye is fascinated by how narrative guides, wounds, imparts power, connects or disconnects us from truth, Mother Earth and each other. She delves deeply into our individual and collective stories finding the threads of pain, oneness, love and good stewardship. She believes when we heal within, we heal our Earth individually and globally. She is particularly fascinated by the connecting symbols of world Mother Goddesses, along with the interconnection between African and Asian spiritual history. Even though not a trained painter, her research inspires her to paint vivid depictions of ancient Mother Goddesses and symbols on canvas.
Her courses blend together the wisdom of ancient traditions from a universal perspective allowing our mind, body and spirit to experience profound healing and renewal. She is a model of love and compassion who works tirelessly to alleviate the suffering of others and restore balance and harmony with our Mother Earth.
A few highlights:
- Sharing visions about state of world with Kuten La – Tibetan State Oracle in Dharamsala India. He verified visions revealing they had received the same visions. Kuten La blessed Omileye with a powerful initiation.
- Omileye and husband having private audience with His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala India
- Omileye and husband invited to help form UNICEF Global Interfaith WASH Alliance with other world cultural leaders at the United Nations
- Invited by United Nations to help shape their 2016 and beyond global water policy. She presented a paper Ubuntu: Water Shows the Way.
- Presenter at More than Mindfulness Conference hosted by Rainbow School and Institute. Presented Heart of Mindfulness workshop
- Teacher for Center of Sacred Studies Ministerial Course
- Former Artist in Resident at Om Sanctuary
- Trained some of South Carolina’s Police Force in Mindfulness